We are a partnership of scientists, veterinarians and educationalists who are actively engaged in our professions both nationally and internationally.
Our expertise and interests
- Population ecology and biodiversity conservation (surveys and population dynamics, spatial modelling, anthropogenic disturbance and diseases)
- Animal behaviour and welfare
- Education: primary education, higher education and professional development
- Veterinary medicine and animal care
- We believe that science and education have an important role to play in changing people’s attitudes and behaviour towards the welfare of animals.
- We value objectivity, transparency and openness.
- We believe that all practical approaches should be open to scientific criticism and based on firm evidence, not led by tradition, intuition or personal opinion.
- Approaches that have not been proven safe and effective may not only be a waste of time and money, but may also harm animals and their owners.